How have you all been doing these last SIX weeks?!

Gosh, I can’t believe it’s been six weeks since I last posted here. I’ve really missed you all! I am finally getting the hang of things with my online school. Plus we’re finally done with some of the harder things in music business like contracts and copyrights. I won’t say I know all of that stuff intimately, but I know a heck of a lot more than I did a month and a half ago!

Anyway, I think my school load will be a lot better from here on out. I hope to be back here on JaPRA at least once a week. Mondays seem to be good days, since it’s the day after all the major homework is due. So I’m going to try to get back to weekly postings going forward.

Meanwhile, here’s what we’ve been up to. I hope to put up more detailed posts in the weeks to come.

We went to Greece for Spring Break! We stayed in Athens and did day trips from there.

One day we went to the lovely, lovely island of Hydra. We didn’t want to leave, it was so relaxing.

Another day, we woke up really early and took the bus to see the oracle at Delphi. She wasn’t in, unfortunately, but what a stunning place!

Late last month, we tagged along on one of Mr. DJ’s business trips to Amsterdam! Roxi and I spent a beautiful afternoon with Aledys Ver and Presepio Canal. Roxi also got to spend a fun afternoon with some of her friends from her old school.

Let’s see, what else? Roxi took one of her exams at the new testing centre in London last week. And we found Spitlefield’s Market near the Liverpool Underground. It’s a great place for lunch and a little shopping if you’re in the area. I posted a few snapshots on my JaPRA Facebook page (I don’t think you have to be a FB user to see it).

Okay, that’s all for now. Hope you all are well and see you here next Monday! x

Filed Under: BlogDestinationsFeaturedGreece

1. Yay! New post! I love your photographs and Greece looks amazing. I know that I would love the ruins, that is for sure.

Your brief trip to Amsterdam looked so lovely. Soon Ste will get his passport and we’ll be hopping over to the continent too.

Good luck with your studies! I am struggling a bit with mine this term but deferred a course until August and seem to be coping better.

Emm, I know you will be happy to get travelling again! Glad to hear things are going well with your studies now. I thought about cutting back to one class per term beginning in June, but if I do, it’ll take me three years to get through the program! So, I’m going to double up as long as I can.

I know you would love Greece! Delphi seemed so far away from Athens, and the thought of having to wake up early and get to the bus station seemed like SUCH a pain. However, I’m so glad we did it! It really was worth the trip out there.

Hey! Good to see you here again! I love your Greece pictures and can’t wait to be there myself!
    It was great to get to meet up with you and Sandra (Presépio…) I hope we can meet again soon!!
    It’s good to hear your online studies are going well, by the way!

3. Kathy says:

Great photos! Makes me want to go to Greece and help prop up their economy 8-)

I have to snicker when I read about you and your homework! I was doing homework when I was 56 and that seems so so long ago. I wonder if I’d still have the brainpower to do so!

Hang in there babe, and enjoy the challenge – and the trips that are so easy (relatively) to do in Europe.

Haha, thanks Maureen! I was just telling Mr. DJ that I think I’m getting more out of school this time around. My brain, though not as fast, is better at handling all this business stuff. What were you studying?

5. julia says:

Your Greece pictures make me REALLY want to go there (also watching Mama Mia). I can’t imagine doing homework again…it feels like my brain is filled with glue.

LOL! I want to spend more time out on the islands next time we’re in Greece. Athens is nice, but the islands are so charming and less hectic. BTW, I’d been wanting to go to Santorini, but the locals told us that Hydra is a lot nicer. Maybe they don’t like all the tourist stuff in Santorini?

welcome back, Japra! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

7. Glad you’re back! Was so sorry to miss you while you were here in Nederland. Maybe we’ll get across the North Sea sometime and catch you there. Love the photos, I am soooo ready to go to Greece!

8. Barbara Blundell says:

Welcome back ! have also been missing Not been to Greece or anywhere-just been lazy !
    Hope you enjoyed the trip. Brilliant photos brought back happy memories of Athens visited many years ago
    Hope you are all fine and Trudy is being a good dog

Hello dear Barbara! Life can get so busy, can’t it? I know that you’re living it to the fullest! Hope you are well and Trudy sends doggie xx to you :)

9. Invader_Stu says:

It sounds like you have been very busy. Welcome back.

Thanks, Stu! BTW, when Roxi and I were in A’dam, we took one of those canal cruises. I did wonder if you were somewhere out there aiming your nerf gun at us ;) Hope you and Mrs. Stu are well!

10. So that’s where you’ve been. Good for you for learning all these new skills for Roxi. Can we call you talent manager? I would love to see Greece in person – thanks for sharing your photos. It must have been nice to revisit Amsterdam. Welcome back!

Hi, Sarah! Yes, I’m finally back from the land of music business. I wouldn’t go so far to call me an artist manager just yet ;) Greece was really amazing. It’s strange to go to these places, especially a place like Delphi, and think–Woah, This place is REAL!

11. LucyLucia says:

Oh JAPRA! How did I miss that you posted!? Wow. That’s pretty much what I have to say about Greece. Absolutely beautiful photos, I can’t wait to read and see what you all did when you were there! I’m glad to hear that you’re getting the hang of the managing classes! I’ve “liked” Roxi on facebook – what a talent!!

P.S. I am about 30 days away from my trip to Spain! I’ve looked over your Barcelona trip post to prepare…and of course, read my dear Rick Steves books cover to cover!

LucyLucia!!! I am so excited about your trip to Spain. Have you bonded with your new camera? Can’t wait to see what adventures you have and what yummy delicacies you find.

Thanks for your support of Roxi! We really appreciate it :D

12. Hello there! It’s been quite some time since I visited your site but today I came along and what do I see?? My hometown; Athens!
    How was your time in Athens? Delphi is a beautiful place and Hydra, I love that little island. It’s so close to Athens, I’ve been there so many times…
    Glad to read you again
    Magda

Oh, Magda, how we enjoyed your hometown and your home country! I cannot tell you how amazing it was for us to go there. It is kind of like when you meet your favourite celebrity and realize that person is REAL! I hope we’ll be able to see more of Greece one day soon.

Thanks for stopping by again. I need to pay you a little visit and see what you’ve been cooking :)